Iowa pain clinics help patients by treating chronic pain conditions. Chronic pain refers to pain that lasts for an extended period of time. It can be caused by an injury such as a slipped disk or by a medical condition such as arthritis.
Pain management centers in Iowa use a variety of effective means to treat chronic pain symptoms. Read on to discover some of the best pain management centers in Iowa!
Can Medical Marijuana Be Used To Treat Chronic Pain?
Yes, medical marijuana has been shown to be effective at treating chronic pain symptoms associated with various medical conditions.
Some pain doctors in Iowa work with local MMJ dispensaries to provide their patients with treatment. Several MMJ dispensaries partner with telemedicine clinics and pain management centers to improve patient education and service.
What Are The Best Pain Management Treatment Options?
Pain doctors in Iowa use effective treatments such as:
- Medical marijuana
- Mental health support
- Nerve blocks
- Physical therapy
- Spinal treatments
What Chronic Pain Conditions Respond To MMJ Treatment?
The following medical conditions have chronic pain symptoms that tend to respond well to medical marijuana treatment:
- Arthritis and other rheumatic disorders
- Back and neck pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle pain
- Muscle spasms
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Sickle cell anemia
- Tension headaches
Pain Management In Des Moines
Des Moines is Iowa’s state capital and most populous city. Des Moines has more pain management centers than any other location in Iowa. Several of the best IA pain management centers, including The Iowa Clinic, Metro Anesthesia and Pain Management, and Central States Pain Clinic, have centers in Des Moines.
Best Pain Management Centers In Iowa
Here are six of the best pain management centers in Iowa that MMJ patients should know.
1. Pain Centers of Iowa
- 5515 Utica Ridge Road, Suite #600, Davenport, IA 52807
- 903 Oak St., Burlington, IA 52601
2. University of Iowa Pain Management Clinic
- 105 East 9th Street, Coralville, IA 52241
- 920 East 2nd Avenue, Coralville, IA 52241
3. The Iowa Clinic
- 5950 University Avenue, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- 1410 SW Tradition Drive, Ankeny, IA 50023
- 160 Adventureland Drive , Suite C, Altoona, IA 50009
- 1504 N 1st Street, Indianola, IA 50125
- 5501 NW 86th Street, Johnston, IA 50131
- 5290 NW 86th St, Johnston, IA 50131
- 1360 NW 18th Street , Suite #102, Ankeny, IA 50023
- 4323 NW Urbandale Drive, Urbandale, IA 50322
- 842 NE Alice’s Road, Waukee, IA 50263
- 120 NE Dartmoor Drive, Waukee, IA 50263
- 1212 Pleasant Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
- 1215 Pleasant Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
- 1221 Pleasant Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
- 7147 Vista Drive, West Des Moines, IA 50266
4. Metro Anesthesia and Pain Management
- 5901 Westown Pkwy, Suite 210, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- 2459 East Euclid, Suite B, Des Moines, IA 50317
5. Central States Pain Clinic
- 2425 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- 1105 N Ankeny Blvd, Suite 101, Ankeny, IA 50023
Phone: (515) 267-1819
6. Steindler Orthopedic Clinic Pain Management Center
- 2751 Northgate Drive, Iowa City, IA 52245
- 2750 Mt. Pleasant Street, Suite 112, Burlington, IA 52601
- 2000 South Main Street, Fairfield, IA 52556
- 2104 Cedarwood Drive, Suite 102, Muscatine, IA 52761
- 304 Franklin St, Keosauqua, IA 52565
- 400 East Polk Street, Washington, IA 52353
- 819 S Highland St, Williamsburg, IA 52361
How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Iowa
Getting an Iowa medical marijuana card is a straightforward process. The first step involves having a telemedicine consultation with an Iowa MMJ doctor, which can be carried out via video call at the MMJRecs online clinic.
Once the doctor verifies your suitability for MMJ treatment, they will complete a Practitioner Certification Form and email it to you within two business days. When you receive your patient certification you can apply for your MMJ card online at the Iowa Department of Public Health website.
Featured image by Nicholas Vassios on Unsplash
The post Best Pain Management Centers In Iowa That MMJ Patients Should Know appeared first on MMJRecs.